Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating SNMP protocol to Jira Service Management

aya el youssoufi November 9, 2023

Hi All! My Team leader has told me to search if there is a way to integrate SNMP protocol to Jira Service Management to create automatically the tickets via this protocol. Can you provide me the solution step by step or links with detailed documentation? Thank you All.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

That's not what SNMP is for really, and you would have to build something that would read from SNMP and use REST to poke stuff into Jira when you think you need to.

A better solution would be to use an application designed to take data from SNMP scans, and let that work out when to create issues.

I seem to remember Jira's "Assets discovery" does some of its work with SNMP calls, so that might be worth a look, otherwise, I would look for other monitoring or network mapping tools that can automate REST calls or emails into Jira. 

I've worked with a few that have Jira "integration" off-the-shelf - years ago I worked with one that simply sent emails to a Jira project when it detected something with SNMP, more recent ones, I configured them to talk to Jira via SOAP and then REST.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events