Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight populate assets

Giorgos A Tsavegias January 27, 2022

Hi Community,

Need a way to populate the assets of an organization inside Jira.

Eg to press a button and comes a screen with the assets.

Is it possible, and if yes in what way;

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote

Is there any reporting tool within Insight (for Cloud) in order to produce the data i need; Or if exists some other way to achieve the above.

Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2022

Hi @Giorgos A Tsavegias ,
You can check eazyBI for Jira app for analyzing Insight data. See related documentation: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira-apps/insight-asset-management

Also, you can check the blog by my colleague Daina from eazyBI on what is possible with the app: https://eazybi.com/blog/explore-insight-asset-management-data-with-eazybi

best, 
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

Giorgos A Tsavegias February 3, 2022

@Gerda Grantiņa 

Thanks a lot.

Like Gerda Grantiņa likes this
1 vote
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Hello @Giorgos A Tsavegias 

This feature is available with Insight. Insight is a CMDB that can be leveraged to store the assets which can then be used with Jira or JSM. The relevant documentation can be referenced here.

@Gaurav 

Hello Gaurav. I have been using Insight. The requirement is to able to view the assets in a Jira screen, outside Insight.

Giorgos A Tsavegias February 3, 2022

@Gaurav 

Actually we do have 2 different products and i can understand that each one exists for different purposes.

What i did as a short of workaround, is to create a custom field, used Organization and Reporter and thus, the reporter may view a drop down list of the reporter's assets.

Like Gaurav likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events