Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight/Jira Cloud and "Connected Jira issues"

Dan Olson July 27, 2021

I am in the process of setting up Insight with Jira Service Manager (Cloud)

I have an object type called "Applications" that is used to store information about all our enterprise applications.

I have this tied to some issue types (report system issue, request application, etc.).  All of that is working fine.

I'm struggling with trying to find a way to list all CLOSED issues that are related to this particular asset.

There is the "Connected Jira issues" section in Insight, but that is filtered by "Unresolved" only.  Which is helpful in finding any OPEN issues.  

But the real value is being able to see how many CLOSED issues (per week/month/year/etc) were connected.

Is this available?  If not, is there a feature request on the roadmap for this functionality?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2021

Hi Dan, 

As you are looking for a list of issues you should use the ordinary Jira issue advanced search. To find all resolved issues that are connected to any Application you could write the query:(assuming your custom field  is called Affected Application)

project = STUD AND resolution is not empty AND "Affected Application" is not empty  

If you only want issues connected to a specific Application, you need to use iqlFunction like this: 

project = STUD AND resolution is not empty AND "Affected Application" in iqlFunction(' Name = "Email Service" ')  

or only the Applications that are marked Critical:

project = STUD AND resolution is not empty AND "Affected Application" in iqlFunction(' Importance = "1. Critical" ')  

Lauren Benson December 19, 2021

Thank you - all the other examples I've seen for the iqlFunction("") syntax, although very similar to yours, did not work.  The addition of single quotes in your example seems to have made the difference.  Much appreciated.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events