Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Discovery

Snow Fox March 31, 2021

We use Insight Cloud.

How can we get data from Insight Discovery to our cloud instance?

The discovery type is xml but Insight cloud only accepts csv.

The documentation "Insight for Jira Cloud" only mentions:
"The object schemas within Insight can be connected to Jira, Insight Discovery, and many other apps."

Thank you for helping!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hakan Bahadir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2021

Hello,

As of yesterday, we launched the new Insight version for Cloud which supports the Discovery Import feature. Now, it is possible to upload the Insight Discovery output zip file. Please have a look at the related Import documentation.

Cheers

Hakan Bahadir

Solutions Engineer

Snow Fox April 2, 2021

Thanks for your answer

Alexis Neveu July 23, 2021

Hi,

We are new to JSM, and we are currently exploring the differents options we've got to get our assets into the integrated version of Insight available in JSM. Due to current limitions of this cloud version, there are not so many options... One of them could be to use the Insight Discovery agent and the manual import feature (hoping an automated import will soon be available). We installed the agent version of Insight discovery on a windows device, and we can see that it is performing a scan each day, out of the box. This sounds great, but the generated file is a .dat file, not a zip file... Based on what I read so far, my assomption is that the zip file is for the network scanner version of the tool ? A locally installed agent version of the tool seems much more convenient to us, at least for windows endpoint discovery.

Can someone point me into the right direction on how to start with Insight discovery in this context ?

Gustavo Delazari Borges
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

Hi Alexis,

As for what we have done with Discovery agent so far in our company, I think that after the .dat file is created, your Discovery server must have connection with your Windows device to get the file and compress it in scan directory. That happens after your Discovery service is restarted.

You must be sure that your agent device IP is informed at Discovery server application, tab "Service".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events