• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Announcing Mindville Insight is now part of Jira Service Management!

Hello Community!

We’re excited to announce that Mindville Insight’s asset and configuration management capabilities will now be integrated into Jira Service Management Premium and Enterprise plans!

If you already have Jira Service Management Premium or Enterprise, you can expect to see these new Insight capabilities in your instance in the coming weeks.

With Insight, IT teams can:

• Close service requests faster by linking customer assets directly to the issue

• Minimize risk by understanding the downstream impact of changes

• Add context to issues so they can troubleshoot and resolve major incidents at high velocity

• Gain detailed visibility of their infrastructure so they can better locate and solve underlying problems

• Discover and track assets to aid planning, audits, and compliance activities

• Import data from Insight Discovery, which is now available in the Atlassian Marketplace for free.

Unlike legacy CMDBs, Insight’s flexible and open data structure allows teams to manage any kind of asset to support their ITSM practices. HR, sales & marketing, legal, facilities, and other functions can also use Insight to track and manage their assets and resources.

Have questions about what this means for you or want to learn more? Please see our Frequently Asked Questions

Want to see it in action? Watch our video, get to know Insight for Jira Service Management! 

In our April 7 Lightning Talk @Charlotte Nicolaou will talk through a deep dive into Asset and Configuration Management with Insight. Be sure to register for Episode 10  to learn more!

We’ve got more fun planned in the coming months, so stay tuned 🤘🎸 ! 

Best,

Kate

10 comments

Great!

looking forward to Insight custom fields instead of those assets fields. Makes it a lot more flexible and useable 

Oh and more import capabilities!

Like # people like this

Nice! but as @Dirk Ronsmans im curious about the custom and reference fields in cloud. Is there any roadmap?

Does anyone know if my objects in the original Insight will be merged over?

and also if the API will remain the same for pulling the data?

Like Gayan Gunapala likes this

Is the REST API ready?

Yes, we also have "original" insight as CMDB; will this be migrated?
Or do we have to do something for this? 

@Kate Clavet  Sorry for tagging you... 

With the  insight tab now available do you have any answers at hand for these:

1.Will we have insight fields rather then asset (will they be searchable using global search)

2. Will  my objects in the original Insight will be merged over? (or do we need to do this manually)

3. will the mindville restAPI stay the same or will we need to make code changes for a new API / API structure.

Thanks

Like Carmen Nadeau likes this

@Martyn Bell and @Wolff

Your data will not be automatically merged over from the 'original' Insight cloud app and this new integrated version. 
However, we are working on tools to help make this a significantly less manual process which you can expect sometime before June. 

To answer your other questions Martyn, 

1. Insight fields are already in. They are a significant improvement with more coming shortly (like filter issue scope)

3. I'm not sure about the rest API, I'm trying to find out for you. cc @Gayan Gunapala 

Like # people like this
Tom Moors Community Leader Apr 07, 2021

Hi @Charlotte Nicolaou , @Gayan Gunapala ,

Great work! I would be completely satisfied if the Insight Custom Field had support for placeholders so we could create a field that is dependent on information given in an other field - but I do hope this is coming in a next iteration :-)

In order to apply my current workaround for the dependent fields, I would need access to the api in order to fetch all the items.

Based on the documentation on https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-the-differences-between-insight-in-cloud-and-server, the table states that the REST api is provided in the next version as well. Great news!

Unfortunately, I can't find the correct documentation, there is no provided in the Jira Service Management documentation nor any updates on developer.atlassian.com .

Could you help us find the info? My guess is that we now can use the default Jira authentication and the info is living somewhere in /rest/servicedesk/cmdb endpoint :-)

Do you have any plans on offering this for the Free and Standard plans ?

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you