Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Request types in a project I can't add paragraph type field in context fields. How can I add it?

Vera Valshonok May 6, 2024

Hi Community!

Pelase help me figure out why can't I add paragraph type field in context fields when I am in Request types in a project. How can I add it? I've succeeded somehow to add it in the other project, but it did not work from the first time. I need a field in order to use it after in the workflow as the one for the Rule - remind people to update fields.

Thanks! 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2024

Dear @Vera Valshonok ,

In order to use the issue fields in the workflow, it has to be a Jira custom field.

If that is your requirement, I suggest you to make use of forms. You create a paragraph field in Jira and link that field to a field on a form and this field you can use it in your workflow.

Hope this helps !

Vijay

Vera Valshonok May 9, 2024

I don't want these fields to be seen  in the request form for the customer.

How do i make them hidden from them?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wayne Ford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

To add a paragraph field in Jira:

1. Select the right request type from your project’s settings.
  2. Add a new paragraph field in the fields section.  aarp membership age
  3. Save it and use it in your workflow rules.
Vera Valshonok May 7, 2024

Hi, I fcan not add a paragraph in the Request type fileds section (context fields) , I want it to be invisible ( hiddedn) in the ticket and be a part of context fields.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events