Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Automation rule Audit log says "No Action Performed"

Harish A November 20, 2023

Hi Team,

I have created the automation rule for changing the user team name automatically 

In my case, the "BB Team" is the field in which the team name should change.  In the below screenshot, the issue number BH-2323 was assigned to Rajinish Robin on October 12, 2023, at 4:47 PM.

Now at this time the auto rule should have run and changed the BB-Team field to "Cloudnauts" because Rajinish Robin is mapped to Cloudnauts group (screenshot attached) but it was assigned to the "ithelpdesk" Team which is wrong. 
When I checked the automation rule, at this time(with the issue number) the rule should have given a success message but it said "no action Performed"

Could you please help?

Screenshot from 2023-11-21 12-27-00.png

screencapture-admin-atlassian-s-fb3bc778-d4af-44d1-88bb-8ecdf2384d0a-users-5d303465a666040c85098444-2023-11-21-12_23_02.png

Screenshot from 2023-11-21 12-19-14.png

2 answers

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2023

Hi @Harish A 

What is the trigger of your rule.

As I see in the log that the BB team field has been updated directly after creation.

The log of the automation rule says that all conditions failed, so that would implicate no action taken.

Can you show your complete automation rule and are you sure there isn't another rule in your system that might causes other actions related to the user or groups.

Check the rule actions applied on the shown issue, which rule triggered

Harish A November 22, 2023

Screenshot from 2023-11-23 11-42-43.png

Screenshot from 2023-11-23 11-43-08.png

Screenshot from 2023-11-23 11-43-55.png

Screenshot from 2023-11-23 11-44-31.png

Harish A November 22, 2023

@Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam attached the rule details screenshots. It's simply that in any issue assignee changes to some user,  then the respective user team name has to be updated in the "BB Team" field. 

Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2023

Hi @Harish A 

The rule seems to be fine.

I suggest to change the trigger to Issue Assigned in stead of field value changed.

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2023

Hi @Harish A

If the rule says "No action performed", then it actually performed no action. It's hard to say like this what went wrong, but I'd advise to use the log action to debug your rule and understand why it's not executing the desired condition branch.

Hope that helps,
Matthias.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events