Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to upload attachments to Jira Service Portal

Soeren Morgener April 12, 2022

Some of our customers are unable to upload attachments from the Jira Service Portal.

The system reports an error specifying that the connection to Jira could not be established.

Some of our customers are facing such issues, independent from the web browser they are using, whilst other customers do not have such issue and can upload attachments without any issues at all.

The main problem is that we cannot reproduce the issue from any web browser. For us the system is working properly and we can upload attachments from the Service Portal.

Has anybody else faced the same issues?

What might be the root cause and how to solve it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

I have seen this on rare occasions. It generally disappears after a moment or two. I generally try with different browser and it has never been repeatable when I do.

if you can reproduce definitely contact Atlassian support.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the issue from our side.

For the customers in question the issue occurs indepent from the browser being used.

It is indeed very confusing and persists all the time. We are not talking about an issue which just occurs from time to time.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

If it is only happening to users i.e. customers outside of your Netwerk maybe there is something going on within your network itself. Have you attempted to create test customers and attempt to reproduce it outside of your network? Also as you were on server I wonder if there's anything at all in the logs. I doubt that would be the case but unsure

Thanks for your feedback.

We have checked the behaviour through test accounts, but not yet outside of our network. We will check this now. Maybe we can detect an issue related to our own network.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events