Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If the first comment is not added to the linked issue, if I add two comments at a time.

venkat g October 25, 2023

Hi,

Jira software issue (Abc-1) is linked with Jira service management issue(JSM-1). If a Jira software user adds a comment to the Abc-1 issue, then the same comment will be added to the JSM-1 issue by using the global automation rule. 

In my case, a Jira software user added the two comments(First comment- test1, Second Comment- test2)  to the Abc-1 issue within seconds. Only the second comment( First comment- test2, Second comment-test2) will be added twice to the JSM-1 issue. As per my knowledge, automation rules take some time (5 to 20 seconds) to pass. So it only takes a second comment twice. One way is we will add the second comment after some time (atleast 15 seconds). Is there any way to solve this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2023

Hi @venkat g

Please can you share a snapshot of the automation rule that you've configured, it will help understand how you've configured it and based on that we can try to solve the requirement. 🙂

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events