Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I change a field in the Form to a new custom field will all info be removed retrospectively?

Vera Valshonok November 20, 2023

We are having Form in a request type in a project and I want to update one of the fields (which is not a custom field but a field I created in the Form itself) to a new custom field that I will create, instead.

Will this change remove all the information for the field that I am planning to remove, from the tickets retrospectively (which has been created previously)?

Can I do such a change without risking losing the information from this field as we might use it for statistic/analytic.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2023

HI @Vera Valshonok 

I don't think edits affect any existing instances where a form is already being used, as they are stored on an issue.

To be sure, use a dummy project, create form raise an issue using the form. Then change the form field raise and compare the forms on the issues.

This would give you a definitive answer.

Or make a copy of the current form and link that to the request type and disable the old form.

Make the same comparison.

Vera Valshonok November 22, 2023

Thank you! Will do so.

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS