Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to update Request Type=Incident Management for 350 issues at a time is it possible

Sreenadh March 6, 2023

Hi,

I want to update Request Type=Incident Management for 350 issues at a time is it possible in Jira list view.

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

Hi @Sreenadh 

Do you want to change the request type for 350 issues or the issue type?

Both can be accomplished via the bulk operation Edit Issues up to 1,000 issues at a time.

Please note that you may need to map one or more fields when changing the request type/issue type.

Sreenadh March 6, 2023

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

Please find the attached screenshot.

I want to update the Request Type as Incident management 

now i have option to update individually means once i will open the ticket then i can update which means i need to update 350 times individually.

Please let me know the process or navigation steps to achieve the same.

Thanks,3.PNG

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

You need to have the Make bulk changes global permission in order to perform a bulk operation on multiple issues at once.

Click on the three dot menu at the right-hand side of the page and check for Bulk changes all xx issues(s).

Sreenadh March 6, 2023

Thanks @Dave Mathijs 

Working as expected.

Can you please help me out one more thing i suppose to ask you in the last conversation only.

I have implemented some of the the workflow properties which once the issue is Closed then all the fields should be Read only.

5.PNG

it is working fine now.

But still i can be able to edit the Request Type i want to put that Request type is also Read only once the issue is closed

6.PNG

Please help me out is there any possible way to do the same.

Thanks,

1 vote
Omar Mohamed Fathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2023

you can make it  via the bulk operation Edit Issues up to 1,000 issues at a time. but you need to have the bulk move issue global permission and all of them should be the same issue type if not you should move them to the issue type related to the request type 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events