Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to setup complaint management workflow for our internal teams

Kiran Ghuge December 29, 2022

We are a pharmaceutical company having 350+ employees, and getting work done by internal departments takes time in generating requests and following them later.

Is there any solution available in JIRA using which we can set up a workflow where predefined request templates will be available?

Once a request is created it will automatically be assigned to the respective department and the recipient will get acknowledgment on receiving a request. 

Requests can be assigned on a priority basis and once resolved move to do.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

Hi @Kiran Ghuge and welcome to the community!

Yes, if I understand your question correctly, you can create a custom issue type (in Jira) and a custom request type (in JSM) to determine a specific set of fields to make a "template" for the user to complete. There's also a "Forms" function in Jira Cloud to take a look out, but I'd try the other route first.

Next, an easy way to automatically assign issues/requests to the proper department would be to use the "Components" feature. Enter each department as it's own component at: Project Settings > Components. Then select one person from each department and make them the "Component Lead". When new issues are created, they will automatically be assigned to the component lead and the assignee will receive an email (assuming that's setup in the project's notification scheme.)

You also mentioned assigning by priority. You could use the same component routing strategy above but I think a better idea is to use Jira's built-in automation features. There's already a standard, global "Priority" field, so you might as well use it!

Simply create an automation rule like:

• Trigger: Issue created
  • Condition: Issue fields (Ex: Priority = Highest)
  • Action: Edit issue fields (Ex: Assignee field = specific user)

Here's how that rule might look:

priority-automation.png

Hope this helps!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Kiran Ghuge January 1, 2023

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD