Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to limit the status that's visible to the customer from the customer portal in JSM.

Priyadharshani Pandiyan November 8, 2023

I'm configuring JSM as the ticketing tool for my organization and I would like to limit the status that's enlisted in the drop down.  This drop down consists of status that has been created across all the projects in both Jira Service Management and Jira Software.

Is there a way to limit this status to just 4 or 5 in total. I have 222 statuses of which many are not being used or duplicate based on the Project Lead who created this status for their project board. 

Status issue_JSM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2023

@Priyadharshani Pandiyan -

Based on my experiences/knowledges that unfortunately you cannot limit the statuses visibility from the Request portal UI dropdown list out of the box.  The key thing is that the statuses are alway grouped by project.  Example -  You can see all the statuses associated with my project named GIAPPS JSM

2023-11-08_13-58-41.png

The only possible workaround is to restrict customers access to project(s) that he/she is not associated.  Thus, he/she will not even discovered/access those projects.  In the end, the Status dropdown list will display the statuses from project(s) that they are allowed to access/submit issues again only.

This is why there should be some type of control on WF status creation  implemented at your env.  A lots of time, if it is not controlled or project leads are trained, there can be too many custom statuses generated for your env.

You may want to research if there are any third party add-ons which can provide you with what you are asking for via Atlassian Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/).

Again, Sorry.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Priyadharshani Pandiyan November 17, 2023

Thanks for the update, Joseph. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL