Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I want to integrate Jira service desk with microsoft teams. So that JSD can send msgs to teams

I want Jira service desk to send notification msgs to microsoft teams as chat messages. I tried to find  below automation action in project settings but it is not there,

use-automation-with-microsoft-teams-1.png

3 answers

Apologies for the necro post here, but with this process can you mention the assigned agent somehow?

0 votes

Hello @Shubham Asthana

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

These would be the steps to properly configure the action "Send Microsoft Teams message" action in your automation rules:

1 - For Classic projects of Jira Service Desk Cloud:

• Navigate to the Project > Project settings > Project Automation (Not automation)
  • Click to create a new automation rule
  • Select a trigger for your automation and then an action, scrolling down to the Notification section and selecting the "Send Microsoft Teams message"
    Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 17.12.09.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-28 at 17.12.53.png

2 - For Next-gen Projects of Jira Service Desk Cloud:

• Navigate to the project > Project settings > Apps > Project Automation
  • Click to create a new automation rule
  • Select a trigger for your automation and then an action, scrolling down to the Notification section and selecting the "Send Microsoft Teams message"

If the instructions above didn't work for you, can you please send us a screenshot of what actions appear when creating an Automation rule under the notification section in your project together with the project type (Next-gen or Classic)?

Let us know if you have any questions.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 27, 2020

I believe that you need to go to System--> WebHooks and click on create webhook, it will ask you Name, status, URL etc. Provide the WebHook URL there and select the events you would like.  This should get the notifications working for you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

203 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you