Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to integrate Jira service desk with microsoft teams. So that JSD can send msgs to teams

Shubham Asthana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 25, 2020

I want Jira service desk to send notification msgs to microsoft teams as chat messages. I tried to find  below automation action in project settings but it is not there,

use-automation-with-microsoft-teams-1.png

3 answers

0 votes
Steven Lees-Smith May 11, 2022

Apologies for the necro post here, but with this process can you mention the assigned agent somehow?

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2020

Hello @Shubham Asthana

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

These would be the steps to properly configure the action "Send Microsoft Teams message" action in your automation rules:

1 - For Classic projects of Jira Service Desk Cloud:

• Navigate to the Project > Project settings > Project Automation (Not automation)
  • Click to create a new automation rule
  • Select a trigger for your automation and then an action, scrolling down to the Notification section and selecting the "Send Microsoft Teams message"
    Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 17.12.09.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-28 at 17.12.53.png

2 - For Next-gen Projects of Jira Service Desk Cloud:

• Navigate to the project > Project settings > Apps > Project Automation
  • Click to create a new automation rule
  • Select a trigger for your automation and then an action, scrolling down to the Notification section and selecting the "Send Microsoft Teams message"

If the instructions above didn't work for you, can you please send us a screenshot of what actions appear when creating an Automation rule under the notification section in your project together with the project type (Next-gen or Classic)?

Let us know if you have any questions.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2020

I believe that you need to go to System--> WebHooks and click on create webhook, it will ask you Name, status, URL etc. Provide the WebHook URL there and select the events you would like.  This should get the notifications working for you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events