Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a filter that brings me all issues that were resolved since the beginning of the month

Sofia Grunspan March 17, 2023

I've been asked to create a filter that brings all the issues that were transitioned to Resolved status since the beggining of the month.

I've tried this query:

Project = IT-CAB AND status = resolved and statusCategoryChangedDate > startOfMonth()

The result is in the screen shot there I can see the Status Category changed on 1 March but if I see the History of the issue it was transitioned on 9 March.

Shoud I take updated as real date when the issue was transitioned to resolved? Is it ok the use od startOfMonth()? I1.JPGI2.JPG

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2023

Based on the history it looks like Resolved is in the status category In Progress, and that is why it says that the status category changed on 3/1 because In progress is in that category as well. You would either have to change the Resolved status to the Done category, or use a custom field that sets the date when you move to Resolved. 

2 votes
Answer accepted
Oday Rafeh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2023

Hi @Sofia Grunspan 

using statuscategorychangeddate might not give you the exact results you're looking for since it refers to the date when an issue changed status category, not necessarily when it transitioned to the resolved status.

Instead, you can use the changed operator with the status field in your jql query. Here's an example of a query that filters issues that transitioned to the resolved status since the beginning of the month:

project = "it-cab" and status changed to "resolved" after startofmonth()

this query checks if the status of the issues changed to resolved after the start of the current month. The start of month function works as expected and returns the timestamp of the first day of the current month.

Using this query, you should get a more accurate list of issues that were transitioned to the resolved status since the beginning of the month.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events