Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get several instances of the same SLA displayed in a project

Salvatore Montalto November 13, 2023

We have an SLA regarding the time to first response which is displayed correctly in the ticket. In addition, we set up an automation to warn our service agents before the SLA expires. However, when setting up the SLA, especially when selecting the relevant agreement in the automation trigger, we noticed that several entries with the same SLA were available for selection. The "Time to first response" is displayed twice in the selection list, as well as the entry "Zeit bis zur ersten Antwort", which is the German term for TTFR. How can we fix this?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2023

Hi @Salvatore Montalto 

It seems you are using Team and Company managed projects in your instance.

Team managed projects are single containers and don't share information outside the project.

Company Managed projects can share there configuration settings within the project on the instance.

See the difference on the 2 project types here.

I used the presettings for ITSM-Projects so the projects are company managed by default.

Is there a central point in the system, where i can overview and manage the SLAs?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2023

@Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam , it could be that the combo would result in dips. I recall that in the past you would see dup statuses (one for every TMP project and one for all CMP) but I thought that was addressed. TBH, I use TMP very rarely. Have you verified that the TTFR shows twice if you have both JSM project types? If not I may try testing this later today.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey 

You are right the TMP related SLA's are now bundled into one field.

I also don't use TMP projects in our setup.

I have only 2 TTFR fields, one related to company managed and one to team managed.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2023

Good to know. Thanks for confirming.

@Salvatore Montalto , can you please check and see if you have any JSM TMP projects?

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2023

Hi @Salvatore Montalto 

Or did you make a new SLA called TTFR, might be that there is a space in your name, then also a second SLA "with the same name" will be present.

@Jack Brickey This could also be a simple reason.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2023

Hi @Salvatore Montalto , are you using team managed or company managed projects or maybe both? Have you experimented in your automation rule with the two different TTFR options and if so, what are the results? In other words, if you test and breach the SLA does one work in the other not? Is you rule global or multi project?

The projects are company managed but the SLA aswell as the automations are projectbased and should not interfere with other projects.
I tried selecting another entity of the SLA and letting it pass but its still not working

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2023

To be clear, are you saying that you tested your rule with both SLAs and one worked as desired while the other did not? That would be my suspicion. Could you check the SLA configuration and verify a single TTFR SLA exists? I wonder if there is any spelling differences between the two, maybe spaces?

BTW, you probably should 'un-accept' the answers here until there is a definitive answer for you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events