Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to validate the web request function?

Ben Hart May 6, 2024

I am writing an Automation rule that makes a outbound web request. The custom bosy includes three smart values for which I have log to audit tasks verifying all three are being properly defined.

However the webresponse is a 400 each and every time. I can successfully make this request in Postman substituting values for the smart values of course.. but the syntax, formatting, headers, authentication.. everything is the same.

I also have audit log tasks for {{webResponse}}, and {[webresponse.body}}, any chance there is a {{webRequest}}?

That's a joke.. I tried, there isn't one. But is there any way to validate whats actually being sent out?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

Hi @Ben Hart

What I always do in such a case is replacing all the smart values with fixed values, just to make sure that the smart values aren't the problem.

Furthermore, you can use a tool like https://webhook.site to send your request to, in order to see what is actually being sent. There is no out-of-the-box way to debug the request in the automation rule itself, at least not as I know of.

Hope this helps!

Ben Hart May 6, 2024

That is AMAZING! Never knew such a place existed.. sad as it is to admit that. But I'd hug you if you were within grabbing range. This is helpful on at least 6 different levels.

Like Michel Neeser likes this
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

@Ben Hart Glad I could help, and thank you for accepting the answer! :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events