Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use an Insight field value as a workflow transition condition

BG Pantaleon November 17, 2022

Scenario:

I have different Current Support Level. If The Current Support Level is not "Level 0", then hide the "Escalate to Lvl. 1" status from all the users.

"Level 0" = Enable only Escalate to Lvl.1

"Level 1" =  Enable only Escalate to Lvl.2

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 2.54.05 PM.png

Steps taken: (didn't work)

• Go to the workflow transition Open > Escalate to Lvl.
  • Add a Condition using an Insight field to set the Condition

Add Condition > Value Field 

Field:  Current Support Level (Insight field)

Condition: =

Comparison Type = String

Value: I tried few  and none of them works.  Name = "Level 0" | Level 0 | "Level 0" | "Current Support Level.Name"="Level 0" etc.Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 3.00.03 PM.png

• Publish

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2022

@BG Pantaleon -

You may need to ensure that your Insight field (source) Jira/JSM custom field properly configured and applied to the issue?

If so, have you tried to just enter the value without the "" characters?  Lastly, you may what to give the actual Insight object key in the comparison instead of the actual value.  Sometime when dealing with custom field sourced from Insight is a bit tricky.

Let me know of your findings.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

@Joseph Chung Yin - that is the first one that I have tried. I mentioned that above. Thanks.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2022

@BG Pantaleon -

So testing against Level 0 without the " marks didn't work?  Can you try to see if you can use the Insight object key of that object?

Lastly, can you share your custom field configuration with us that you have defined for your project's issue?

Best, Joseph

yes, Level 0 without "" doesn't work. The Escalate to Lvl.1 disappears on the transition.

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 8.02.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-17 at 8.03.27 PM.png

Even the asset key doesn't work. The Escalate to Lvl.1 disappears on the transition.

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 8.04.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-17 at 8.04.39 PM.png

Which specific custom field you wan to see in the field configuration? I cannot send the whole thing. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 8.09.49 PM.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2022

@BG Pantaleon -

Just the configuration for the Current Support Level field.

Best, Joseph

BG Pantaleon November 18, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin  here. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.26.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.26.12 AM.png

Dmytro Kadubenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 16, 2023

Any update?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events