Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the email that notifies when automatic changes to projects or SLA occur?

Mike Taylor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 5, 2023

Hello, 

The owner of our Jira account is no longer with our company. When project changes, SLA changes and updates happen, the email that notifies our project is still linked to this ex-user. We want to update it to our current Director of IT. I cannot seem to find anywhere to update this. This makes it so any of these updates or changes show that they are coming from an employee who no longer works here. For example, when a ticket is marked as resolved, it will move to closed after a day or so. We receive notifications when this occurs. Those notifications are coming from the ex-employees email. Is there a way to update this? Additionally, is there a way to transfer account ownership to our current Director of IT. Thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2023

Hi @Mike Taylor ,

It's likely in the Project Automation. Check through the rules, there's probably one that has an action to e-mail. once you find it, it should be as simple as updating the e-mail on that rule.

-Ben

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events