Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the 'Organizations' field when creating a ticket directly from Jira

Orly Dahan October 19, 2023

Hi,

When creating a ticket from the portal, the 'Organizations' is updated automatically according to the values that are defined in the 'Customers'.
A few internal teams create tickets directly from jira, but when they do so, the 'Organizations' field is not updated.
I saw that there is a template in the automation named "Set organization using reporter's email domain", but it does not answer my need. For some reason, it does not update the existing Org and it adds every user to a specific Org value.
Can you please share a solution that will fit my needs?

Thanks,
Orly

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2023

Are your internal team agents raising issues on behalf of the Organizations?

Could you not make the 'Organizations' fields as required on the create transition?

Orly Dahan October 19, 2023

Hi David,

Our customers are internal teams in the company. Only some of them have Jira.
The 'Customers' field contains those teams (we manage it manually every time a new employee is added to the company).

In order for us to understand who raised a ticket (from which team), we use the Organization field

David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2023

I assume they are raising issues in Jira?

Is the Portal an option for you?

From my experience on a Data Centre deployment:

If a customer is associated with only one Organisation, then it can be automatically populated if the configuration is set.  If the customer emails an issue in, then the same will apply. Gets more troublesome if a user is associated with more than one.

If users are raising issues from with Jira, then you can either make the Organizations field mandatory or use some form of automation to populate it.

Orly Dahan October 22, 2023

Hi David,

The issue is that we have several organizations (per team), but the domain of all the users (employees in our company)

For some reason, when they tried to open a ticket from Jira and not the portal, and when I used the automation that I described above, it did not update the relevant organization and added them to a specific value  - all of them.

I need a solution that will give me the same results as the portal gives

David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2023

Hi @Orly Dahan 

The way issues are raised differ between the Portal and Jira.

I would suggest looking into some automation to look up the Organization that the user is associated with and then populate the field, if making it mandatory isn't an option.

Orly Dahan October 23, 2023

Hi David,

I will try to define another automation.

I was hoping that someone already did it here :)

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events