Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve maculated content in email response to customers?

Julien Béchade October 14, 2022

Hi,

I'm facing an issue I cannot explain/solve.
My customers are getting emails were responses from our support team is maculated.

Screenshot 2022-10-14 114938.png

We have 2 public* service management projects and 1 that is strictly on invitation**.
This particular project (Modulate) is public*.

Could you help me understand how to solve this issue?

Cheers.

Julien.

*   Anyone allowed on the customer access settings
** Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins

1 answer

0 votes
Julien Béchade October 17, 2022

Hmm, no one encountered this issue yet then?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2022

I have exactly this in one of my email clients.  And a second that puts a [...] button for the entire comment as well, rather than the text of [...].  But the same email in other clients is not maculated.

My guess (I've not looked at this in any detail) is that the email contains something that says "condense this text if you support it" to your email client, and you're using one that recognises it.

In both of the ones that do this for me, I can click on the maculated text and it expands it out to the actual content.  (FWIW, the clients are my ISP's web mail software, whatever that might be, and Snappymail, a derivation of Rainloop, also web mail clients  - I use them via a browser, not a client program like Outlook, Mutt or Bluemail, etc)

So, I think I'm asking "could it be your email client program"?  Could you try a different one and see if that does it too?  (Try a web mail app maybe, so you don't have to install anything)

Julien Béchade October 18, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and thanks for the answer.

In my client's case it is not possible to click on those 3 dots.
It is actually 3 big dots, exactly as follow [●●●●●].
So I really think it is maculated by Atlassian when sending the mail.
When logging in to JSM, this user does have access to the content so it does not seem to be a permission issue either.

I might have to report this as a bug but not really sure where though.

Cheers.

Julien.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events