Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see worklog description on search result or exported excel file

Burak Oluroğulları October 6, 2021

My goal: I would like to see "worklog comment/description" on search screen(under filters) before exporting Excel file. 

I know that it is not possible to add a column for worklog comment on search grids. Therefore I created a custom field as a "worklog" and I thought that when someone types something in worklog comment pane on issue view screen, rule can trigger to append my custom field.

So I go to Automation, choose a "Work Log" under Issue trigger in first step and then I choose "New Action" and choose "Edit Issue" for set value to for my custom field and it asks me choose your field then I choose my custom field(worklog) and publish the rule.

After all when I set some worklog comment on issue via clicking time tracking and save it, nothing appears in my custom field. 

What is my wrong or can you suggest me another way?

Thanks in advance.

Burak

1 answer

1 vote
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 7, 2021

Hi @Burak Oluroğulları

You can view the list of issues , time logs and its description in a Worklogs - Time Tracking and Reports app. In order to do so, select desired filters and categorize by issues. When you click on the time, you'll see time logs with its description. 

description.png
You can also export the report in an XLS file. Hope it helps! Please feel free to check out our app here.

Burak Oluroğulları October 8, 2021

Dear @Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_ , 

Thank you for your reply. My main goal is to see task's worklog comments(description) on search list as a field.

Example

Task ID || Assignee || Time Spent || Worklog Description || Summary || Create Date

Someone got a solution with Automation. He can append/collect all worklog entries on custom field but I can not understand how to do it. You can check it via this community  link

IF I success without any addons, I will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Burak

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events