Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to route 1st Level Issues into another Jira Service Desk project

Jaqueline Daza July 15, 2022

Hi

We currently have jira service desk but I am unsure how to configure this to where when a ticket is escalated it no longer becomes a part of level 1 queue but rather to level 2 queue. 

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2022

You could do this using post function and a custom field. The way I do it is that I have two transitions, one for Tier II and a second one for Tier III, and when you escalate to either one, there is a post function that sets the field to corresponding tier. Then on the queue you just have to filter out the custom field to not show it in the Tier I queue.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2022

And if you want to transition the request into another project you can do that with automation by copying the issue over to the other project and close out the original one.

Thank you for the response. 
I've never used post function, would you be able to walk me through the steps?

Regards.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2022

Take a look at Configure advanced issue workflows, you have to go to the workflow and add the post function to the transition that takes you to the escalated status. 

Thank you very much!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders