How to roll-out Jira Service Desk to employees?

Gerrit Wahlers April 19, 2023

Hi there, 
we are planning to rollout a jira service desk (it and facility management) to nearly 200 employees. We even want them to use third-party-apps like choosing their asset while creating a ticket. So we need real atlassian accounts instead of simple customer accounts. 

Is there a easier way to distribute those accounts instead of telling them to visit id.atlassian.com and creating their own accounts? Is there a import possibility for atlassian accounts?

Are there best practises for those rollouts with internal accounts?

Greetings, Gerrit 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Gerrit Wahlers welcome! Searching 'import users' in the Community and in Atlassian Support give a few different options.  Here's a few that I found.  I'm assuming the Jira Users will be setup as Internal Customers.  There's new functionality 

Importing Users from CSV Files | Crowd Data Center and Server 5.1 | Atlassian Documentation

I need to import users into Jira cloud from a CSV ... (atlassian.com)

I'm assuming the Jira Users will be setup as Internal Customers.  There's new functionality coming that you may already have for internal customers.  Here's a link to that.

New JSM Customer role for internal accounts Jira Service Management (atlassian.com)

Hope that helps.

Gerrit Wahlers April 19, 2023

The product role "customer" is not shown in the jira product access. So may i have to wait a bit. 

So importing / mass create Atlassian users out of our Azure domain is only possible with a Atlassian Crowd Data-Center or a Atlassian Access license?! We do not need single-sign-on at this time...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events