Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict Request Type options in Create Issue Screen?

Nasim Chowdhury April 19, 2024

Hi, how can i restrict the options available in Request Type field based on the Issue Type selected in the Create Issue screen. So once some one select an Issue Type they can only select the request type associated with that.

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

@Nasim Chowdhury -

Request Type can only be associated to an issue type that you used in your JSM project.  You create/configure your request type basing on an issue type.

By default, one will use the Portal UI, selecting a request type and create his/her issue.  The question is what is your reasoning to create the JSM issue via the project UI using "Create" button for your project?

Please provide more details, so we can assist you better.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Nasim Chowdhury April 20, 2024

@Joseph Chung Yin . Our internal teams uses project UI "Create" button to create issue for different project. In one of the project i have created few Issue Type with few request type,

1) Software Change Request

- Improvement Suggestion

-  Agency Request

2) Software Error

-Production Bug

-Development Bug

In the Create Issue Screen when we select "Software Change Request" Type, it auto select "Agency Request" in the "Request Type" field. But if i click on the dropdown box it shows me all 4 of the Request Type to pick from. My question is can i restrict the options in the drop down, so when "Software Change Request" is selected as Issue Type the only visible Request Type options are "Improvement Suggestion" & "Agency Request"?

0 votes
Camilo Galleguillos April 19, 2024

Hi, @Nasim Chowdhury

Each Request Type is only associated with a single Issue Type, thus what you're describing is the default and expected behavior. 

Screenshot_12.png

If you're seeing the same Request Types when trying to create issues with different Issue Types, these Request Types may be duplicated.

Best,
Camilo Galleguillos R.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events