Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reference attribute data from a selected object in a form

Arnold Rolle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

Hi,

I am making a form which references an Object Schema of equipment with the attributes name, available, unavailable and total. I have 4 custom fields for accessing this data.

The first custom field populates the initial item selection dropdown list in the form. I would like the other 3 custom fields to automatically populate with the related attribute values for the selected object.

The first custom field works as intended, but I can't seem to reference the attributes of the selected object properly. I am most likely using the wrong AQL for this. 

I've tried filtering the issue scope using Object HAVING inboundReferences(Name=${customfield_xxxx.label}) and selecting the attribute I would like to populate the form dropdown lists in the User interaction section of the Asset Objects field configuration for the custom field. This populates the second dropdown with the same list of objects in the first dropdown instead of the attribute.

Form

checkout.png

Example of an object in the Test Schema

schema.png

Custom Field for number 2 (3 and 4 will be set up to search for their respective attributes.)

customfield.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events