Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pull data from a CSV into a JSD field?

Jason Freeman September 9, 2018

We are trying to make it where users can request time-off using Jira Service Desk.

On the form, we'd like to display to the user how many leave hours he/she currently has.

Leave hours for all users are stored in a CSV file, which looks like this:

abc123, 23.25
def456, 96.50
ghi789, 39.25

Example: user def456 has 96.50 hours.  So, if user def456 accesses the JSD form, the non-editable field would display as so:

sick.png

The 96.50 would be pre-filled.

Is this possible to do?

2 answers

2 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2018

Hello @Jason Freeman,

You can do so using a third-party app, see Atlassian Marketplace. If you're on Server, the most popular apps in my experience are nFeed and Power Database Fields Pro.

Hope this helps!

- Manon

Jason Freeman September 11, 2018

I installed the trial version of nFeed.

I got it show 23.25 in a field, but it always shows that value, no matter who is logged in.

I see that queries are not possible against CSV files using nFeed, so is what I am trying to do possible with nFeed?

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2018

Hello,

Do you want to import data from CSV file and continue to enter this data in Jira or you want to take this data in real-time from this file?

If you want just to import data from this file, then you can use Jira CSV import feature:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events