Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain reopened date

ext_jepodola April 20, 2022

Hi!

For analysis purposes I have to track all the issues created and resolved daily in our project. 

The thing is most of our issues reopen, but the issue's creation date is the original one. So I am not able to track the reopened date. 

Is there any way I can get the reopened date? 

Thanks and regards 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2022

Based on what you have shared here I would recommend adding a custom date field and either use a Post Function on the workflow reopen transition(s) or use Automation to update the new field when the issue has reopened. Note, Post Function method is assuming you are using CMP project. Please let me know if this makes since and if you need further guidance on these methods.

ext_jepodola April 20, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey thanks for your answer

Yes we are using a CMP project. 

Could you please explain me how to use a Post Function? Never heard of it before.

Thanks a lot!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2022

Here is one article you might want to peruse to familiarize yourself with workflow properties. But here is a basic introduction on how to do it:

1. go to project settings then workflows
  2. find and edit the workflow is associated with the issue type you are trying to work with. I recommend editing in diagram mode.
  3. If you click on the transition that is associated with reopening an issue then on the right hand side you will see a modal pop-up and you can select post functions.
  4. in the next screen you can add a post function and select from the available options. There should be one called update field or something similar to that. 
  5. after selecting the proper post function in the next screen you will select which field do you want to update. Here's where you will select your new custom date field. You can set that date for this field.
  6. after completing set up of your post function be sure to publish your workflow.
  7. We can test it out at this point and tweak as necessary.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events