Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to notify a Team (new Jira field) when an Issue is assigned to their Team

Eli Devlin November 21, 2023

Hi there,

I currently use a Custom Field called Resolver Group to indicate team assignment and to facilitate notification to an entire team when an issue is assigned. The values are synced from Azure AD.

I would like to use the new Team field to provide teams more visibility and control over their team membership, not possible when it's done in AAD.

But then how do notifications work? I can't see Team in either the Project Notifications menu, or the Customer Notifications menu. I can't see Atlassian Teams as an option in the Send Email automation action.

Is there some obvious feature I'm missing here?

Thank you,

Eli

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul O_Shaughnessy November 29, 2023

Not sure notifications are available yet.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-23151 

Eli Devlin November 29, 2023

Thanks Paul, looks like it's another case of wait and see. 

0 votes
Mark Higgins
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2024

Appreciate that this is a few months old, but it now appears that you can mention the team in a comment, and it expands to notify people in the Team.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 101906.png

Eli Devlin April 2, 2024

That's a helpful discovery, thank you. I'll keep an eye on it

Like Mark Higgins likes this
0 votes
Bastien Delourmel November 22, 2023

Hi @Eli Devlin , 

Interested for the answer as well. I am kind of lost with the "Team" feature in Jira, I don't really understand the added value. To face that, I am using Assets to manage teams. 

Example: having a schema named "Corporate Data" and have my support groups/approver group,... there

Eli Devlin November 28, 2023

Do you find that to work well in your company? What mechanism is involved to generate an email to an 'asset' team?

Bastien Delourmel November 29, 2023

We use automation, as in Asset we have the objects "groups" and each group is linked to a jira group 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events