Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate tickets with all the details from Team Support to JIRA

Anitha Murali June 19, 2022

Hi Team,

I am new to JIRA Service Management and trying to explore the options around data migration. I am looking for a quicker option to export the tickets with comments, audit track and screenshots from Team Support and to import them into JIRA. Below are some of my difficulties.

1. I find mapping the field from Team Support and Jira is complicated as field names are not similar. For example, what is the matching field in JIRA for Incident Status?
  2. Is there any easy way to do the mapping of columns instead of doing it one by one.
  3. How to import the csv file into incidents? JIRA is showing an option to import under issues only.

Also, some other clarifications are required for the below questions.

1. How to set SLA for multiple customers? Is that only configured for a project? i didn't find any settings under the customer tab?
  2. I also need help in creating reports and dashboards. Could you please share any knowledge articles?
  3. Any knowledge documents related to labels in JIRA?

Thanks,

Anitha Murali.

1 answer

0 votes
Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

Hi Anita,

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Data migration is always a challenging subject to discuss especially when there are no tools or scripts to migrate data automatically. In your situation, I think you can refer to Import data from a CSV file. The page provides you with a step-by-step on preparing your CSV files.

The data in CSV files must be compatible with the Jira configuration. For example, if Jira does not have an Incident Status field, then, you will need to create a custom field with the same name and field type in Jira, then you can map it during the import.

When you are done with the first data import, you can save the import configuration file. So, for the next data import, you can select "Use an existing configuration file" and upload the configuration file. Jira will automatically map the field based on the previous import configuration file.

In Jira, regardless if it is an incident, service request, bug, problem, etc., they are all issues. Jira uses Issue Type to differentiate whether it is an incident, bug, problem, or service request.

When using Jira CSV import, please ensure you use the admin account and import the CSV file from the admin page, Gear icon -> System -> Import and Export -> External System Import, to bypass the project permission restrictions.

SLA can be configured only per project. To set multiple SLAs for multiple customers, you can use different JQL (Jira Query Language). For example:

Time to Resolution

• Goal = 8 hours
    • JQL: Organizations = "Customer A"
  • Goal = 16 hour
    • JQL: Organizations = "Customer B"

Note that in JSM:

• "Organizations" is "Customers". Normally it will be their company name
  • "Customer" is the customer's actual name and email address

When you want to search for Jira knowledge base articles, always add "Jira" or "JSM" as your first search keyword. This is to ensure your search engine brings you to the Jira knowledge base sites. For example:

• "Jira how to configure Dashboard"
  • "Jira create a report"
  • "Jira label"

Feel free to use the example search keywords above and explore Jira knowledge base articles. Here are some of them:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Using-labels-in-Jira/ba-p/1782833

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/generate-a-report

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/create-and-edit-a-dashboard

I hope the above answers help!

Thank you,

Marini

Anitha Murali June 20, 2022

Thanks, @Marini Marini, for your answers. I will look at the links and let you know if I have any other queries.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events