Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the portal accessible to our customers so they can write down their issues ?

Clara Ruben
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 4, 2022

We integrated on our saas platform the possibility for users to declare an incident, a bug, or else. Therefore we wanted to redirect them to the portal page of our Jira service management so they can do it themselves and then follow it. 

Thing is that they cannot open the page since it isn't public.

Does someone know how to do it ? 

Thank you 

1 answer

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

Hey @Clara Ruben and welcome to the community!

Since it's a cloud instance it'll be at least "internet accessible" but I guess you mean that it's not just open for anyone right now.

Depending on what you wish to do you'll have to register them as customers or have them register themselves. Either option can be defined in the project customer settings 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-and-remove-customers/

Clara Ruben
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 4, 2022

Thank you Dirk, I'll chack that ! 😊 

We wanted it to be simple and easy to integrate, I'll see with Jira if such an option is in development so that users can directly declare an issue without having to register anywhere 😉

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

Well right now you can open up your project to have an anonymous portal. That way they don't register but they do enter an email adress so we know where the email notifications have to go.

In the backend it would then create a customer with their "username" as that email address.

Drawback here is that they can't log in and do proper follow up on their own created issues. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/04/introducing-the-login-free-portal-for-jira-service-desk-cloud

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events