Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Priority field editable for a customer in Jira Service Management?

Juho Itä August 8, 2022

Hi,

I cannot find a way to make Priority field editable for the customer. Customer can create a ticket and choose Priority, but it cannot be changed afterwards by the customer.

Is this possible to achieve?

Here's the customer view:
jira_servicedesk_priority_not_editable.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Juho Itä 

Fields can not be edited after creation. There is an open ticket JSDCLOUD-2368. Please vote and watch it. 

There are some paid add-ons in the marketplace. Please check this one for cloud.

Juho Itä August 8, 2022

Thanks, I didn't find that ticket!

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2023

I've already noticed that you mentioned our app - Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management. Thank you!

Kate

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2022

@Juho Itä -

Out of the box, it is not possible for customers to edit his/her reported issue after it is created.  All they can do (in general) is by adding his/her comments.

You can implement Forms into your Request Type UI, where from there, you can configure it for customers to edit his/her Forms - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-forms/

Here is a quick video from Atlassian on reopening a Form for EDIT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb7pnGlWzJY

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Juho Itä August 8, 2022

Did I get this correct?

1. Create a Form.
  2. Customer fills the Form/Ticket.
  3. If the customer wants to change something, they need to inform Service Agent via the ticket and then Agent can reopen a certain ticket's Form.

Can the Forms be editable all the time or does the Service Agent need to reopen the Form everytime customer wants to change something?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events