Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link form data to a custom field

Peter Gruden May 17, 2023

I created a form using Jira Forms. In that form there is a filed that wasn't linked to any existing Jira fields, because the people using it didn't need to report on information in that field. Now they want to report on the information. So I created a custom field and linked it to the field in the form. 

The problem is that only newly filled tickets using the form have this data. How could I go about applying this to older filled tickets?

2 answers

0 votes
Aditya Verma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2023

I would also be interested to know how to link existing data from form fields to Jira fields.

@Peter Grudenit seems to be a good use case to be raised with Atlassian.

Thanks,

Aditya

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hi Peter,

I am not aware of a way to do that, except manually. Out of curiosity, what type of field is it? 

Peter Gruden May 22, 2023

Hi John,

It's a date picker field.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

You might take a look at this post and see if it can help you. I am able to use code that is references in my automation to pull in form data. 

• Date Fields: {{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".state.answers.AAA.date}}

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-to-access-the-form-data-in-Jira-Automations/qaq-p/2050277

Peter Gruden May 23, 2023

Thank you for the suggestion I'll give a look and try to test it out.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events