Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify "internal note" or "Reply to customer" comment in automation

Plant ) Yuma August 31, 2022

Hello Atlassian Community,

I would like to know how to identify "internal note" or "Reply to customer" comment in automation, so that I can send email to customer when only "Reply to customer"comment is added.

*This is because there is specific customer who can't receive customer notification even tried all ways provided here.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Specific-customer-can-t-receive-Customer-Notification/qaq-p/2116782?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=solution_to_question&utm_content=topic

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Plant ) Yuma 

Have you tried configuring the Customer Notifications in the Project Settings?

Customer notifications describes how a customer recieve the emails

Here's the gist on the same

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-notifications-do-my-customers-and-service-desk-team-receive/

Let me know if you have any queries

Thanks

0 votes
Answer accepted
Plant ) Yuma August 31, 2022

Thanks @Pramodh M 

Have you tried configuring the Customer Notifications in the Project Settings?

Yes,  I tried and using it for other customers.

And I'm finding a way to run it via Automation because there is an issue that only 1 customer can't receive customer notification.

• Even other customer can and I tried some ways as I described in this.
  • Besides, we can't see audit log for customer notification, so I can't investigate the issue anymore with Customer notification.

So I'm trying to do it via Automation, so that we can track audit log at least.

Appreciate if you can give any other advices, thank you.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

@Plant ) Yuma 

I would check with Atlassian team by raising the support ticket if the emails are blocked from Atlassian since they would have the logs.

Running the Automation just to send the emails for Customers when there is already a default feature seems not efficient

Raise the Support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Thanks

Plant ) Yuma September 1, 2022

Thanks @Pramodh M  right, I should check with the support.

Like Pramodh M likes this
0 votes
Brian Nørvig June 2, 2023

Maybe I'm way of here, but if you look at the attribute jsdPublic, that reveals whethernot it is internal or not :D

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events