Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have diferent customer portal access roles?

Rita Leitner Gaspar November 8, 2023

Hello, 

I have a Jira SM portal were there are two types of customers: the ones that open requests and add comments, and the ones that only should browse the tickets opened in the organization.

I have tried to create a project role that only has browse projects permissions, but in the portal the customer with that role, will be only be able to see the requests opened by himself/herself (that is to say none or only if the agent changes the requester to him/her).

To see the other tickets, only by adding him/her to the organization, but by doing that Jira SM automatically add that login to the Service Project Customer - Portal Access global role adding the ability to create requests, the thing that we didn't want to grant.

How can I do this?

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2024

@Rita Leitner Gaspar there is not a way to prevent individuals from commenting on issues in the portal if they have access as a request participant.  There might be an app that provides that type of access control in the Atlassian marketplace.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events