Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle integrated customer logins

Jeff Clay July 1, 2021

Let's say you have a web application that your customers log in to with their e-mail address or username. Let's say, for example, this applications uses LDAP for authentication. How do you get your customers to have the same username/password for JSM as they do for your site? Ideally they should have the same credentials and when the password is change in your application then it's synced over to JSM.

From what I've read this isn't possible. I'm hoping I'm overlooking something.

I'll add that customers in this scenario are using e-mail that is not on the verified/authorized Jira domain. (Not my company's e-mail). I think this knocks Jira Access off the list.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2021

Hello @Jeff Clay,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

The customer portal, currently, doesn't work with SSO. Customer accounts are stored locally and it's not possible to sync their accounts with an identity provider.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch the ticket above to receive updates.

As a workaround, it would be necessary to migrate their accounts to Atlassian accounts, so they would be listed as a user (but without application access). For that, first, it's necessary to remove the product access, so customers won't count as a license or access private information.

Go to Administration > Product access and uncheck all the products. After migrating the customers, you can enable it again.

Then, on Administration, go to Jira Service Desk and click on "Migrate to Atlassian account" for each customer. 

migratetoatlassianaccount.png

After that, customers will also be listed under Users.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Jeff Clay July 5, 2021

This is not relevant to the question I asked.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hi Jeff,

I’m sorry if I misunderstood your request, but you asked if it was possible for customers to use the same username/password that they use on another application. 

As I mentioned, customers’ accounts in Jira are local, so it’s not possible to integrate with an identity provider, therefore, they can’t use LDAP authentication (or GSuite, Okta, Azure AD, and others). 

If that’s not what you meant, can you please let us know more details about what you need to achieve?

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events