Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter with "Inventory & Purchase"?

Phillip Cook August 24, 2021

Hello,

I am trying to filter using the "Inventory & Purchase" status for my Filter Count widget within my dashboard.

When I use this status I can see that I have, for example, 3 items within the "Inventory & Purchase", but when I select it I get the following error on the next screen "Error in the JQL Query: The quoted string 'Inventory ' has not been completed. (line 1, character 32)"

I did some research and found out you can use the unicode %26 to sub the & symbol. Which at this point I don't get an error BUT the Filter Count widget for the status is always 0.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this issue and knows a workaround.

Thank You

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2021

Hello @Phillip Cook,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I was able to replicate the same issue, but there is a workaround for that by using the status ID instead of its name. 

There is a bug related to this issue. You can find more information below:

For the workaround, follow the steps below:

Go to Cog icon > Issues > Statuses.

Find the Inventory & Purchase status and hover the mouse over the “Edit”, so you can find the ID of the status:

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 16.20.18.png

Then, go to the dashboard and on “Counts”, instead of selecting the status, select the “Build custom count” and the criteria will be “status = 12345” which is the ID.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 16.19.44.png

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Phillip Cook August 26, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz ! I tried to use the status ID that you showed here however, I get an error with the ID I entered 12345 or 10276 saying "A value with ID 'xxxxx' does not exist for the field 'status'.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2021

Hi @Phillip Cook,

The “12345” is just an example because the ID has 5 numbers and the “10276“ is the status ID on my personal site.

You need to follow the steps I mentioned in my previous response to find the ID of the status Inventory & Purchase on your site and then add it to the filter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events