Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export CUSTOMERS by project?

Paul Heath Armengol April 25, 2023

We need to export a list of all customers for each JSM project.

Is this possible?

7 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi @Paul Heath Armengol ,

If you want to export all customers, @Ammar Ahmed Butt explained the steps perfectly.

Unfortunately, you can't decide which customers you want to export, for example, filter by projects. I can propose our app called Customers & Organizations Management for Jira Service Management which precisely allows you to achieve this goal. When you go to the Customers view, you can export customers to the CSV file under the Actions button. Thanks to filters on this view, you can filter customers to selected projects.

filter-customers.png

export-customers.png

Hope you'll find our app useful. 

Best regards,

Kate

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ammar Ahmed Butt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Paul Heath Armengol 

This is totally possible, you just need proper access. Site admin minimum. 

@Paul Wiggers is totally right. These screenshots will help you understand the process. 

IMG_20230425_163943.jpgIMG_20230425_164118.jpg

As explained by Paul, you have to open administration, then User management then Jira service management -> Portal customers. You can filter the customers as well, and then hit the export customers option. 

I hope this helps =)

It helps but I need to filter by project.

Thanks anyway!

Ammar Ahmed Butt
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Hey @Paul Heath Armengol Did you check the Atlassian Market place? One can always find a solution there. 

Anyways Where there's a will there's a way :P 

User Activity Dashboard For Jira - Free for all users. This will solve your issue. 

2 votes
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Hello @Paul Heath Armengol 

Sure thing, just go to Administration > User Management > Jira Service Management and hit the Export customers button

Is that what you are looking for?

You mean hit the "Export users button"?

That's not what I'm asking.

1 vote
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Hi @Paul Heath Armengol 

Unfortunately, it is not possible to export list of customers per project/organization at present. There's already a suggestion raised with Atlassian which is being reviewed. You can track it here - Ability to export users and organization per projects I would suggest you to vote for it and start watching it for further updates.

Thanks! :(

0 votes
Paul Heath Armengol April 4, 2024

Not possible, see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6160

Gathering interest since May/2018

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

You could:

1. Go to Issue Navigator.
  2. Run a JQL query to get all tickets in that project: project = FOOBAR 
  3. Add the columns you to the current column set. If you need the customers only, then just add Issue Key and Organization.
  4. Using the Better Excel Exporter app export all tickets in that project to Excel.
  5. There will be 2 columns, one of them with the customers.
  6. You can sort, remove duplicates, etc. using the standard Excel tools.

See column "G":

jira-service-management-tickets-with-customer-satisfaction.png

Paul Heath Armengol April 26, 2023

Helpful, thanks!

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Paul Heath Armengol,

this is arguably a bit of a workaround, but you should be able to export all reporters of a project, and then then de-duplicate in post-processing (e.g. using Excel or Google Sheets), like so:

export-project-customers.gif

I'm using the app that my team and I are working on - JXL for Jira - for the export, but it should work with any other export, too.

Would that be an option?

Best,

Hannes

I need all project CUSTOMERS not all reporters.

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2023

Apologies - I keep getting confused about the concept of customers in JSM. The above would also work with the "Organizations" field on your issues, if that's more what you're after.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events