Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable the option to allow customers to create an account at the SM portal?

CSPTech October 13, 2022

In two different instances of which I'm an admin, one has the option for custoemrs to create account in the SM portal login screen, and another does not. Both instances have identical customer access settings. Can someone point out where such an option is enabled?

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).pngMicrosoftTeams-image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2022

Hi @CSPTech, you can configure it by updating your JSM product settings > customer access. Look at the "Set up an open portal" at https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-and-manage-portal-access/#Set-up-an-open-portal. It should address what you're looking for.

CSPTech October 13, 2022

Hi, Ivan. Both instances already have the "Allow customers to create accounts" setting marked. As I said, the customer access settings is identical in both instances, yet only them provides the link to create an account

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2022

Okay. I tested it on my end. I just wanted to eliminate the permission combinations that would lead to this. Although you mentioned they are identical, having both set to "Allow customers to create accounts," another parameter that changes it is set as "Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins" under Project Settings > Service project access.

CSPTech October 13, 2022

I checked, and in both instances the option "Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins" is set

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2022

Here is my scenario:

• "Allow customers to create accounts" is set at <SITE>/jira/settings/products/servicedesk/customer-access
  • Five service projects (company and team-managed projects)
  • "Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins" is set in all five service projects' customer permissions.

The sign-up option is displayed when any (at least one) of the service projects is set to "Anyone allowed on the customer access settings."

Have a look at all JSM projects, including team-managed projects. For the first screenshot, I believe that "Anyone allowed on the customer access settings" is set in at least one service project.

CSPTech October 14, 2022

Ah, this seems to have worked. Just having one SM with that option allows the sign up link to appear, thank you!

Like Ivan Lima likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events