Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create rule automation that auro-refresh Jira filter?

Jimmy Trivedi September 15, 2021

I've created some rules automation and which is working fine. Now I want to create one more rule that refreshes current filter where issue is exist.

Just see the image below:

Jira rule.png

So, In above image, I'm using a filter called "Main Filter". Now In filters, we have small refersh button (not browser's refresh) inside Jira website, which I highlited with red circle.

The thing is whenever I make any trnasition / or change status of Jira issue, from this page only, then the status is changing and reflecting here, but it is not removing from current filter due to manual refresh issue. Right now I must refresh either browser refresh button or Jira's refresh button, then only it'll go from this list. 

So basically my question is how can I make the auto-refresh functionality through rule automation?

Please note: In this filter, I'm not entertaining "Mark as done" issues. It means Issues which are marked as done will not show here.

Also, I already tried to do that, but related to refresh, there is only single action which is refetch, which is not related to my requirements.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2021

Hello @Jimmy Trivedi,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to auto-refresh filters, currently, there is no action on the Automation that would do that.

There are some feature requests that suggests something similar:

Please, feel free to raise a new suggestion on jira.atlassian.com (project JRACLOUD) adding more details about why this feature would be important fr your environment.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Jimmy Trivedi September 16, 2021

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events