Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy over Organization from JSM to Jira Software?

Namrata Kumari April 25, 2023

Hi,

We have a process in place in JSM ,per which when a customer ticket is transitioned to 'Engineering Review', it creates a ticket at Software Project.

The fields get copied over to Software Project ticket but the Organization field doesn't get copied over.

I am trying to find a way to get the Organization field to copy over from JSM ticket to Software Project ticket, for that I have created a field called 'Organization' in Software Project and added an automation rule by using 'Clone Issue' rule but the Organizations field is not copying over.

Can someone please suggest to me what can be other options here or how can this be achieved?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Namrata Kumari 

The purpose of an Organization is to share portal requests with members of the same organization. As Customers don't have access to Jira Software, this functionality is not applicable to Jira Software.

Why would you like to copy the value to a JSW issue? Is it for reporting purposes? What additional value would you get from that field?

jaison dsouza May 2, 2024

@Dave Mathijs I have a similar question. The reason for this data to be added in JSW is to know which customer/organization has reported it. Which will help the engineering department in debugging better. 

Is there any way the data of that field can be copied from JSM to JSW ?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

From the similar questions/topic I've read in the Community, this is not possible. But I may be wrong.

See: How to copy the Organizations field value to a custom field? 

Like jaison dsouza likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events