How to copy the Organizations field value to a custom field ?

Ezee Support July 26, 2021

How to copy the Organizations field value to a custom field(IT Organization) ? 

I want to copy the value of Organizations to a custom field IT Organization, please help me.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Hi @Ezee Support

with the following rule I had success. However, please be noted that "Organizations" can potentially hold multiple values. In the example only the first is taken: grafik.png

In "Edit issue fields" this can be done by:

{{issue.Organizations.first.name}}

Please take your time to test it a bit - also there was a discussion on this topic - at the end of last year. This can bring in some more details on how this is working:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Smart-value-for-Organization/qaq-p/1395197

Of course, you can adjust also the trigger according to your needs.

I hope this gives a first starting point to explore further what is possible with Automation.
Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Hi @Ezee Support  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Not tried to copy those exact fields before, but maybe you can accomplish that with Automation For Jira. 

Can you give us the exact scenario of when you want to copy the field? 

Ezee Support July 27, 2021

Hi @John Funk 

when an issue is created, i want the value, that is being there in Organizations field also to be copied to custom field IT Organization, which i created.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Well, the Organizations field is a special type of field that doesn't have a direct link to any custom type fields. So you would need to try to capture text out of the Organizations field to put it in your IT Organization field. Just realize that it won't be the same value in reality. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events