Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access assets via REST API using groovy

Christof Hurst November 17, 2022

Hi,

we are preparing our migration from Server to Cloud and are testing many things.
One basic thing is the access via groovy scripting to the InSight/Assets REST API to fetch, display and manipulate/update them.

As the REST API is not integrated in the "normal" REST API that can be accessed without further authentication by the App-User we have a problem.

We can run groovy scripts only with the App-User or the current user. As it is impossible to save an api token for every user and impersonating to a central tech user we need to use the script app user but this has no access via REST to the Assets.

So what will be the correct way? How can we fetch assets via groovy script?

No need to say that in the scripting console it works with my user and an api token.

BR Christof

1 answer

0 votes
Hieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2022

Hi @Christof Hurst

I also try to find the document for rest api of insight, but I found this ticket some months ago.
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA-2568

Currently, we can vote and wait in the near future, I hope.

Christof Hurst November 21, 2022

Yes, that's very frustration especially for the companies who HAVE to migrate. That's a massive restriction and not thought well through.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events