Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Link Projects to Display Tickets on the Jira Service Manager Queue?

Herbert de Oliveira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 5, 2024

Hello everyone,

We are a company working on multiple projects where we use several standard Jira projects and one Jira Service Manager for DevSecOps. Our DevSecOps team handles tasks opened by external teams, and we currently face the need to open two tickets: one in the external teams' original project and another in Jira Service Manager.

I would like to know if anyone has encountered a similar situation and if there is an efficient way to link a project in Jira Service Manager so that tickets from other projects appear directly on the Jira Service Manager Kanban board.

1 answer

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2024

Hi @Herbert de Oliveira

I'm not sure if a JSM board can be configured to include issues from a different project (it looks like you can't?) - however you should be able to do that in JSW boards. So as a workaround, you could create a board in your JSW project, and try to find a JQL statement that would pull in a.) the issues from your JSM project, and b.) their linked issues from the relevant JSW project(s). (Querying linked issues is quite tricky in itself; the easiest might be to create a specific issue link type for this purpose and use it in your filter.)

Alternatively, if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you'll have some more options. I myself happen to work on an app that might be a good fit for your use case; I'll provide more information below. 

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2024

... and just to expand on my last point: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a range of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies. These issue hierarchies can be based on Jira's built-in parent/child relationships (like story/sub-task), and/or based on issue links of configurable issue link types. This allows creating cross-JSM-JSW views that very much look and feel like (supercharged) queues, like so:

jsm-jsw-overview.gif

As every sheet is powered by a JQL statement, you have full control over which issues are pulled in.

Any questions just let me know!

Herbert de Oliveira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2024

Hi @Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira  thanks for your reply. I will search for a more nativity solution.

thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events