Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the Insight Discovery Agent upload its data to the Insight Object Schema

Jason Chan July 22, 2022

Hi,

I'm new here and I'm currently setting up the Asset management with Insight. 

I want to run the discovery tool on one of our server and trigger the Insight discovery agents on the network to scan and upload to the Object Schema automatically. 

I've setup the discovery import in my Object Schema and tested the token to authenticate with the cloud successfully, but when I tried to trigger the agents on a specific IP range to scan from my server, the scan completed but no data is uploaded. But the import worked with my PC and the same token.

How the import works? From Agents to Server then to Cloud? What did I miss / what port need to open for the server?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2022

Hi @Jason Chan ,

what happened is that the scan you triggered made the Agents send data to the Insight Discovery app. Then for Insight Discovery to upload data to Insight Cloud you have to wait for the specific time you configured in Discovery, or trigger a Discovery Scan yourself.

You can try this by running a Discovery Scan directly in the console after an Agent scan.

Let me know if this helps,

--Alexis

Jason Chan July 22, 2022

Hi Alexis,

I've been waiting for a few hours.....When I tried to run a single discovery scan on the server, it said "The connection port 5985 is not reachable. No working credential", but the credential is valid with domain admin permission.

The server is on a secure network so I guess something has to be opened for the Discovery to scan and upload to the cloud.

Jason Chan July 25, 2022

Hi Alexis,

Just want to clarify, when I triggered the Agents to scan from the server, all the reachable agents will report the data back to the server and then the server will upload it to the Insight, is that right?

You mentioned that I need to wait for a specific time I've configured, which option is it?

Agent Scan Interval? 

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events