Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Jira consider a user a customer or not a customer while using the legacy automation?

Diya Shrestha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 16, 2023

I want to create an automation for status changes after a comment is posted. When a client responds, move it to a specific status and when internal user replies move it to a different status. 

While creating the automation, we have a user who sends automated replies and that should not be considered as a comment. The same user posts a message from both our clients and internal users who uses our internal platform. Is there any way we can distinguish if its an internal user or a customer.

2 answers

1 vote
Ezgi Bayındır
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2023

Hi @Diya Shrestha ,

Welcome to community!

You should use user condition. Select "user who triggered the event" for user and "is a customer" or "is not a customer" for check to perform.

Best,

Ezgi

Diya Shrestha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 16, 2023

It only considers the fist 50 users.

Ezgi Bayındır
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2023

This condition has no user limit. It only compare the user is registrated on your organization or your portal

automation1.PNGautomation2.PNG

Like # people like this
0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2023

Hi @Diya Shrestha 

Welcome to the community.

@Ezgi Bayındır is right on the condition to be used.

You should not use Legacy Automation options anymore, as they are less powerful than the new automation options.

Best practice is to also change your old rules to the new automation rules option provided by Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events