Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change the layout of a video?

Justine Durand May 20, 2022

Hi! 

I currently use Confluence and JSM to write and publish documentation. Lately, we have been developping video tutorials and would like to publish them on a page that would look like a video gallery.

I mean that we would like to display the videos as clickable images or icons. Is it possible?

Right now when we implement a video on a Confluence page, it is transformed into a link once published making it kind of hidden/lost in the page.

Best regards,

Justine

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2022

Hi @Justine Durand welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you tell what the source is? Is it an attachment to the Confluence page, a YouTube URL or link to another site?

Multimedia files

The file preview also supports audio and video files. It uses HTML5 to play attached audio and video files. This means the file types people can play in the preview depends on the audio and video formats their browser supports.

As with all file types, when you insert an audio or video file you'll have the option to display it as a thumbnail or as a link on your page.

You can also embed audio and video files (to play within the page) using the Multimedia Macro

Display online video (such as YouTube or Vimeo videos) using the Widget Connector Macro.

Justine Durand May 23, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs ! 

Thank you for your answer! 

I add the videos as attachment to the Confluence page which displays them as videos on the page. However, when we publish the content on JSM, the videos turn into links and i do not how to prevent that. 

I also looked for the multimedia macro but I don't seem to find it.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

What is the file type of the video you uploaded as an attachment to the Confluence page?

Justine Durand May 23, 2022

They are .mp4.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events