Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i set a workflow condition using an insight attribute as a trigger?

Scott Federman April 18, 2022

I have an insight object type called Branch. Within this object is an attribute called Approval level. That attribute contains either L1 or L2. How do i set a condition where as if a branch is selected that has an L1 attribute than you can select "ready for comp agreement". If you select a branch that has an L2 approval type attribute, then you should be able to select "approve".

1 answer

0 votes
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2022

As there are no Insight conditions in cloud, I would store the attribute value in a separate field with Automations and then run a condition on that field instead. For the automation rule you can trigger on "Field value changed" and set the other field with smart value {{issue.Branch.Approval level}}.

Probably other apps may help you as well. In DC it is simple to use the Insight condition "Validate on Object Attributes"

Scott Federman April 21, 2022

so this makes sense. I have a single select dropdown field called approval level with L1 and L2 as options and I have an attribute set within my branch object which defines l1 or l2 for that branch. So I was on the same page. I'm still stuck on the automation to copy that attribute to that field. Looking at the automation provided I don't understand how to copy that attribute. The automation provided doesn't seem to make sense to me as it's using that approval level field that needs to be populated using the attribute, as the trigger. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events