Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i extract subtasks from epic?

Kiran R October 20, 2022

So here i am trying to pull all the EPIC that starts with WR, which obviously is pulling EPIC only and not the issues/sub-task attached to it, who do i achieve both, please help.

project = "8888" AND "Epic Name" ~ "WR*"

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2022

Hi @Kiran R 

Subtasks belong to a standard issue type and not an Epic. You could do the following, but it will not be dynamic. You have to manually insert epics

parentEpic in (epic1, epic2, etc)
Kiran R October 20, 2022

Thank you for your reply :)

we have around 560+ epics, is there a way to extract issue in Epic while the condition still being EPIC Name ~ "WR*"? I am new, sorry if i sound stupid.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2022

If you had scriptrunner you could do the following to get the issues of all your epics starting with WR:

issueFunction in issuesInEpics(""Epic Name" ~ "WR*"")

You would save the above query as a filter and sync it with Jira. And after you could user the above results to run the other query to get their subtasks:

issueFunction in subtasksOf(filter = XXXXX)

Things are more easy on the server/DC version concerning these matters. :/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events