Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make the "Done" status show the issue as resolved for a created v resolved issue chart

Anthony Amirfir April 24, 2023

I have a project that has the last step of the workflow as "Done" for some reason the issues in this status will not show up as resolved in the created vs resolved chart I'm trying to display on my dashboard.

2 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Make sure that you are setting the Resolution field, either as a post function on the transition to done, or manually by adding it to a screen that the transition is associated with. It is the resolution that determine if the issue is resolved or not.

Anthony Amirfir April 24, 2023

Nice! Now is there a way to recognize the issues I have already in the done status? I added the post function but it did not have an affect for any issue already in the done status

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

You can create an automation that sets the resolution for you. I recommend using a scheduled one and use a JQL that gets all the issues that are in the done status and where resolution = unresolved. Something like this:

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 1.20.47 PM.png

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

@Anthony Amirfir -

To supplement what @Mikael Sandberg suggested, the key is for you to ensure the "terminal" status transition applies the proper resolution field value.  This field is a key for reporting within the Jira/JSM projects.

Beside of using automation rule for your existing issues, you can also customize the WF to allow the issue to be move into the terminal status again where you use the post-function to set the resolution field value.  (ie. new Done to Done transition)

Afterward conduct a bulk change operation to transition the issues.  Once all of your existing issues' resolution field is proper populated, then you can revise the WF again and remove the additional terminal status transition and publish the WF again.  By this time, your WF should work properly for all issues going forward where the resolution field is populated via the terminal status transition setup.

Lastly, once the resolution field is populated, then you will also see the RESOLVED date field is also automatically populated too.

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS